Making a difference.



Dear reader, 

My name is Megan Ault and on May 12, 2012 I lost a best friend to suicide. My whole world has been turned upside down. It was something I never thought I would experience - especially to him. He was the type of friend anyone would be lucky to have - he was smart, intelligent, funny, cute, caring, and all those good things. He knew how to listen when your world was upside down; he knew how to make you laugh so hard your cheeks hurt from smiling so much. I love him so much and miss him ever day that he's not here. 

My world is forever changed.

As the last weeks have gone by, so many friends and family have come forth with their own stories - of struggles and of joy. Everywhere someone is suffering, experiencing joy, everywhere someone is experiencing their life - and together we can learn, grow, and share. This is the purpose for We laugh. It is a place for us to come together and really share our lives - to know we aren't alone in this world. That there is a reason for you to be here and that people really do care. 

This blog is for people to come share and read about other people. To know that it's okay to let your walls come down and to really show who you really are.  A great song called True Colors by Phil Collins states, "You with the sad eyes/ Don't be discouraged/ Oh I realize/ It's hard to take courage/ In a world full of people/ You can lose sight of it all/ And the darkness, inside you/ Can make you feel so small/ But I see your true colors shining through/ I see your true colors/ And that's why I love you/ So don't be afraid to let them show/ Your true colors/ True colors are beautiful/ Like a rainbow."

You are going to hear stories and be the story. Then we will realize how our stories can relate to each other.

 I have a lot of great plans for We laugh - this is only the beginning.  After my friend's death, life for me was turned upside down. I never want another person to feel lonely, depressed, or feel like there is no other choice besides suicide. There is always hope. If you don't have hope, please lean on my hope & know I have enough hope for all of us.

Love, 
Megan

Comments

  1. I am grateful for what you are doing. It is a wonderful way to honor my brother. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts