Jamming.

Dear reader,

Yesterday I was walking in the mall on my break from work and a popular song from the radio came on to the overhead. I immediately started jamming out to it in my head and I think I even started to walk to the beat and mouthing the words. When all of sudden this mother said, "I think everyone knows this song. My six year old daughter is even singing to it!" I did look around and all the people in the store were jamming out to it.

It was a moment I will always remember. A moment in time and our differences didn't matter - we all knew this song and we were all jamming out to it! We were all enjoying the song, dancing to it, and even singing to it. It just made me smile.

It's amazing - those moments when we are able to break down our barriers, talk to a stranger and share a moment we can both relate to. The world needs a little more of that. If we can relate to each other a little more, we can break down walls that have been there for a centuries. Time to share, learn, and grow together.

So the next time a popular song comes on the overhead while shopping - stop where you are and dance! 

Love,
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts