Yourself.

Dear reader,
Something I really want to focus on is people knowing their worth. I will be honest, that is something I have struggled with my whole life. I don't let it show and if you asked people if I was confident, they would say yes. But in my heart, I struggled with knowing I was an amazing person. I felt fine on the outside, but when it came to showing people who I really was and letting my barriers down - that I had problems with. I felt I was an attractive person on the outside, but I didn't feel so attractive on the inside. I had a problem with thinking people would like me, for me. It may because I dealt with being bullied in 6th grade or moving from place to place I struggled with or having rejection from men and took it to heart. Not many people realized my inner battles and sometimes it is still something I struggle with. But now I look into the mirror and I repeat the words 'I am a daughter of God.'  It is written on my mirror, something that I will never forget.  I had to tell myself over and over, that I am of worth and that I am a great person. I am now starting to really believe in myself, I now believe in my worth and that I have a voice that matters. For the first time, I working on really being who I really am. Praying for those barriers to break, and they slowly are. They really are! For the first time in years, I am really starting to love myself and learn what it takes to be happy - truly happy.

So it is important message for me to share, for people specifically the youth of this world to know of their amazing abilities, talents, goals, and the future they have ahead of them - it is so great! It is a struggle. Every day is a struggle sometimes, but when you believe in yourself and you grasp the concept of who you are - you then have hope and you have faith that everything will be better. I just have all the hope in the world, that people will realize their potential and realize that people care and love them so much!

I know now that I have friends and family that have come to know me, love me, and accept me for me - all my good and bad parts. And most of all, I believe in me.


Love,
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts