Out of the Darkness Walk

Dear reader,

It was amazing to participate in this years Out of the Darkness Walk that was held in Salt Lake City, Utah.

I don't know if my friend ever realized how many cared for him and that his memory would still live and it will continue to live.

There was hundreds there - remembering there loved ones and celebrating their lives.


There was a moment when I got separated from my team that I was with. I was able to ponder and think about the lives of those that left us way too soon and far too young - it was hard to think about - the struggles and pains that these souls suffered with. But I am grateful - I am grateful, even if it was just a short moment in time I met my friend and embraced the happiness he brought into my life. I am a forever changed person because of the influence and strength he gave me. I wish more than anything he knew how much I love and care for him so, so much. 

It is so important for us to share our love and let others know there is hope for tomorrow. We have dark and scary days, but there is always, always hope. Sometimes it is hard to see when the tunnel is so dark, but we must see the light that is there. Let others know there is that light - because there is hope. There really is. 


I am grateful for the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention - I am grateful to participate in this walk. It was an amazing experience. Our team had about ten people on there and then we joined in the crowds to walk for our loved ones. I will always keep walking for my friend. 

I will let the pictures speak for their self.







Love,
Megan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts