Holidays

Dear reader,

I flew into Texas yesterday evening. I am surrounded my family and friends. And it is really a lovely time of the year with friends and family. However, it really made me think of those that might not have their family and friends, they might be alone during the holiday season.

There was a survey taken saying the number one fear of us is that we are scared to be alone.

I will admit that I don't want to be alone. Being around family and friends truly makes me happy. When I am down, I can talk to my friend Rachel or Matt and they know what to say or do that will make me laugh. Or my sister Ally is a strong foundation in my life - when I need advice or a listening  ear, she is always there for me.

Something that has really been impressed on my mind is that we need to be that friend or family to that lonely neighbor, distant family member, or stranger who seems all alone.

This time of year is also difficult because we are celebrating the holidays such as Kwanza, Christmas, or Hanukkah and there are those that are feeling quiet alone. We need to look around and search for those that may be feeling that way. Give a hug, bakes cookies, or give a present to a new friend, neighbor, or a family member. This is the perfect time of year to spread happiness, joy, peace, and love!

From us at We Laugh, we hope you have a Happy Holiday season!

Love,
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts