#100

Dear readers,

#100 post. Can you believe it?

For a long time, I knew I wanted to help the world somehow, but I didn't know how or what I wanted to do. I knew I loved to laugh and how much joy it brought me when I thought something was sincerely funny. When your cheeks hurt from laughing and smiling so much, it is the best feeling.

I believe in the power of laughing. 

If you read the About Us it says "We laugh gets its name because laughing is universal. Laughing is a common language with every gender, every race, every tongue spoken, and upon every land. We, as people, love to laugh. Laughing can make a bad day turn good, laughing can make the tears go away, laughing can make us live longer! "

The week after May 12, 2012 was one of the hardest weeks of my life. I lost a best friend. That week my entire life changed forever. I knew I wanted to focus on suicide prevention. I knew I wanted to help others and I finally knew how. In the following months, my focus became even more clear. I wanted to also focus on life appreciation, realizing your potential, and giving service.

I get so emotional when I think of this, because I want to help others. I want others to know when you are going through that hard time, I want you to know that you are amazing and there is light at the end of this tunnel - that there is hope; that are people who love you and are cheering on your side. If you don't think anyone is on your side, know that I am. I am cheering so loud for you!

On Friday, I officially became a Field Advocate for the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention. I am going to fight for this cause; I am going to fight with all my might to get more notice, treatment, anything to help prevent suicide. Because there is hope, there is brightness, there are people who care and love so much.

I can't do this alone; I need your help. Together we can do this. Together we can fight for this cause, together we can be the voice for the loved ones we have lost and left us all too soon.


This is my post for #100. We fight for a change; we make a change. We can be the change together. Be a friend, don't judge, be an ear to listen, or a shoulder to cry on. And don't forget to laugh somewhere in between, because together we can laugh too.

Love,
Megan

Comments

  1. I love your blog! How did I know about this?? :) Fancy layout, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ginger! That really means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts