That Sunday Morning


Dear readers, 

I wrote this a while back ago as a song, but then I rearranged it as a poem. It is written about my friend that I lost way too early. And these are my memories of him. I love it. I love him. I miss him dearly everyday. 

Just know that it is okay to miss someone you have lost; you are going to. And that is okay. And I believe they are still here. I imagine that one day I will see my friend again and I will hug him so tight. And we will talk, catch up, and reminisce on the memories we share. I know that will happen. 

Love, 
Megan

That Sunday Morning
Written by: Mary Megan Ault

I looked up at your window as I walked past
and imagined you were up there -
Maybe you were playing your video games
or reading your favorite book.
I imagined you coming out the door to say hi -
and I felt the hug you would have given me if you were there.

I remember that Sunday I walked out late -
and you were there sitting on the steps waiting for me.
I reached to where you were and I asked,
"Do I look okay?" with a concerned look on my face.
And you said, "You look beautiful!"
Those words and your voice still echo for me to hear.

She was there sitting beside you while watching the movie
Her head on your shoulder, anticipating your every move
Her heart growing more every day for you.
We would talk about her on the car rides we would take
Wondering endlessly where your heart lay
     - and the ones that broke your heart
We would laugh and cherish those moments you shared.

The morning they told me you were gone -
I called my dad and cried, barely breathing
Knowing my world had changed forever.
Because every day I miss you more
And my love for you grows stronger
I remember making that promise to you -
I won't let this world forget you.

I pulled out the pictures today of your smiling face.
I looked at each smile and each memory came back to me.
Playing football on a Sunday afternoon
or talking about girls on the drive home.
I remember your stories and they still make me laugh.
Don't worry, I won't let this world forget you.






Comments

Popular Posts