You matter.

Dear reader,

It's okay to hurt. It's okay to remember things and cry about it. That's what happened to me today. There are times when I feel okay about losing my friend and feeling myself pick up those pieces at times when I didn't know how I was going to hold it together. There are times when I remember him and feels like yesterday, but then there are others when it feels so far away. But yesterday I came back to the place where I lived close to him and all those memories felt so close to me. I remembered playing at the park with our friends, movie nights, ice cream parties, and all of it! I missed him so dearly. I was with my friend Rachel and I asked her, "How would life be different now if he was here?" We just both looked at each other. Because we knew it would be so different. We would still have him; he would still be there with us. We would be watching more movies, making more inside jokes, playing more games, skydiving would have happened, and we make so many more memories. How much I miss him.

And that make me want to tell you, that you matter. There are people there who want to make more memories with you, they want to play games, they want to go to the park, they want to laugh, and have you around. You mean something to someone, you are their world, you are their happiness, they love you so much. Never, ever doubt that. You mean something. You mean something to me. You help the world go round. You create a difference in my life. And I am thankful for you. Please, please remember that. And don't forget to tell those around you, that they matter, that you love them, that you need them, and that you miss them. Because sometimes we are all that each other has.

If I could tell my friend that I love him and that he matters so much to me one more time, maybe that would had made a difference.

This blog post is kinda all over the place, kinda like my emotions today! But just remember, it's okay to miss someone, but just let that person know that you do miss them and love them. You never know what a difference you can make. Life is short, take every opportunity that you have, and just love those around you. That's my two cents for you today.

Love,
Megan




Comments

Popular Posts