School Paper


Dear readers, 

Today I finished a memoir for my school. I wrote about the moment I learned about my friend committing suicide and the moments after. It was really hard for me, but he inspires me. The life he lived, his faith in God, the happiness he gave me, and the friendship he shared to me. 

The first night I met him we went and saw a movie together. The second night we went and sang karaoke with another couple. We got up to sing 'Eye of the Tiger.' Now that song is sacred to me. Now looking back  on the lyrics - they touch my heart. They read, "Risin' up, back on the street. Did my time, took my changes. Went the distance now I'm back on my feet. Just a man and his will to survive." Those memories just make me smile. He just makes me smile. He's such a great person. And I know more than anything I'll see him again. I just really, really miss him. 

So writing my paper was kinda hard and I shed a few times thinking back on the pain and losing him. Even through I remembered the pain, I also remembered everything I have learned from Nathan and this whole new chapter in my life. I have learned that with friendship, with people coming together so many great things can come. That together we can make magic happen in this world. I ended my paper with the following, 

"It will be one year on May 12, 2013 that I lost Nathan. That day will be hard. I will recall those tears and those pains. But most importantly I will remember the life that Nathan led. His friendship is remembered daily, our laughs, our jokes, the fun times – I remember those all the time. Nathan taught me to be a friend, he taught me faith, and he taught me to be happy. He was a true friend, a true believer in God, and someone I miss greatly in every aspect of my life. He was the person I would call at 3 in the morning when I needed someone or the person I needed to hear my good news. He was one of the best friends I have ever had.
      I have learned that together we can have hope, that together we can change, and together we can pick up the pieces when everything falls apart. And together we make memories, friendships, and we can raise each other up. Together we have it all. Because of Nathan, I've learned so much and my life has been changed for the better."
Life is full of ups and downs, but I do know that as we stick together in this life - we can bare it a little easier, great friendships are made, we can be there for each other, and we can make happy memories that will last forever. Life is a great adventure and it is a lot better when you have people around you!"

Go be a friend to someone new, hug your neighbor, or even just give a friendly 'hello' to the stranger you pass on the street. There is a beginning to a friendship, so start one today. And let's all stick together. 

Love,
Megan


Comments

Popular Posts