Joy McIntyre

Dear readers, 

So a couple of weeks I went to a New Kids on the Block concert plus 98 degrees and Boys II Men were there. I really didn't grow up with NKOTB but 98 degrees and Boys II Men were my groups! I screamed, sang, and then screamed some more. I lost my voice for a little over the week and I am finally sounding back to normal. 

It will be bad when I go to a Backstreet Boys concert. They were the first CD I ever bought. 

But back to NKOTB, I remember Joey McIntyre more than any other boy from that group. (My sisters were the ones who were obsessed with them) I had a barbie doll that my grandmother bought for us girls to play with. He was known as the cute barbie. 

In 1999, Joey McIntyre released a song called 'Stay The Same.' I first heard this song in Church. One of our youth leaders had us girls listen to it, because of the lyrics. 

Don't you ever wish 
You were someone else 
You were meant to be 
The way you are exactly 
Don't you ever say 
You don't like the way you are 
When you learn to love yourself 
You're better off by far 
And I hope you always stay the same 
'Cause there's nothing 'bout you I would change 


I was about twelve at the time and that song made an impact on me. I never needed to be anyone else, I just needed to be me. 

While me and my sisters were driving to the concert, they played the NKOTB's cd and 'Stay The Same' was a bonus song. Of course I had them put it on replay when it came on. Then today at work, I thought about that song and the message it sends out to people all around the world. Love yourself, be yourself, you're exactly the way you need to be - stay the same. I think that's a pretty powerful message, a very powerful message. 

Then it made me think of the pressures about today's world - their definition of beauty, what normal is, what you should be like, what you shouldn't do - well I say, "GO AWAY!" Enough of that nonsense! 

When it comes to you, be yourself!

Stop listening to anothers opinion, it really just matters what you think. Yes, it is good to get advice from those we trust. But please don't alter who you are, because it is really wonderful! 

You are so, so wonderful! 

You are brilliant. You are awesome. You are beautiful. You are handsome. You are you and no one could do that better than you! Keep living your dreams; live the life you've always imagined! Dream big! Live big! Be you! 

I think that you could be 
Whatever you wanted to be 
If you could realize 
All the dreams you have inside 
Don't be afraid 
If you got something to say 
Just open up your heart 
And let it show you the way 


I am going to keep screaming at NKOTB concerts, I am going to keep doing the things I love, I am going to keep being me! I am wonderful! And no one could be a better me, than me!

Believe in yourself 
Reach down inside 
The love you find will set you free 
Believe in yourself 
You will come alive 
Have faith in what you do 
You'll make it through 




Love, 
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts