My personal thoughts

Dear readers,

It has been one year, two months, and nine days since I've lost my friend and it still really hurts. And I still really struggle with missing him.

Sunday night I was imagining how it would be here if he was still here. My world would be different. It would be a bit brighter, a bit happier, a bit friendlier, and just so much darn better.

My friend made things better than they really were. He was there at three in the morning when my ex called and I was freaking out. He was there to make the best banana splits. He was there to watch Saved By the Bell with me.

I just don't laugh the same; I can't find similar friendships. I laugh different. When I have a good moment I don't have him there to share it with.

I miss our drives of just talking. I miss hearing about his goals and dreams. I miss talking about the girls in his life, past and present.

I just miss him. 

What I would do to change those last 48 hours. I would go back and go to the jumping gym with him. I would have texted hiim about religion class. Instead I had to tell the class he wasn't coming and I had to regret not going to the jumping gym. Oh, how I would change things. He texted me earlier that day if I was alive. Why couldn't I have been a better friend to him? He was the best friend I've ever had. He was supportive and so nice to me. He was funny and made me laugh. He was always so contemplative to me and was just the best to me. Oh friend, I miss you so much.

I hope he realized how much I really loved him and how I valued his friendship. When no one was there to talk to, he was there. We shared many sacred moments. When I was going through the hardest time in my life, he was there. And it was the best time of my life too with him. I love you friend. And I always will.

I promise.

Love,
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts