Field Advocate

Dear readers, 

I am sorry for not being here this week. It has been a big week! 4th of July, Happy Birthday America! We live in such a great land and we are so very, very blessed to live in freedom. Also, I am getting married in about 33 days. A childhood dream of mine is coming true; I've been planning this big since I was about six years old! I couldn't be a luckier gal to meet such a handsome prince almost four years ago who supports and loves me! 



I also bring the news from the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention (AFSP). I am a Field Advocate for them. I e-mail members of the Senate and Representatives to notify them to fight for suicide prevention programs & much more! I love fighting for a cause. The AFSP notified me this week stating they need volunteers fore Field Advocates, specifically in the state of Texas. Here is part of the e-mail I received: 


A Field Advocate does not need any prior experience with lobbying or working with elected officials to be an effective volunteer.  We provide all new Field Advocates with some initial training over the phone before they begin the program, and once they are on board we hold monthly webinars on topics of interest and provide updated policy information on our website.  We also maintain regular communication with all of our Field Advocates throughout the year – we send email messages to our volunteers 2-3 times per month (on average) with updates and action alerts.

If you know of anyone who you think might be interested, feel free to send me their name and contact information, as we are happy to reach out to them and provide them with more information. If you would rather contact these people individually, you may refer them to the Field Advocate program application on our website here, and they may also read more about the program on our website here.  Or they may contact Nicole Gibson directly at ngibson@afsp.org with any questions or comments.

------

Suicide prevention is a huge part of my life and I want you to help join the cause. It's not that many hours a month and you are making a difference in this war against suicide. We have got to fight and we can't do it alone. I need your help, they need your help, everyone needs each other to do this! 

Thank you!

Love, 
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts