Out of Darkness Walk

Dear readers,

It has been awhile. I've been struggling with different fears - of fearing the darkness of it, the sadness of it, of the pain I lost my best friend to it, and I didn't know how to cope about it.

But I've wanted to do this project and it means a lot to me. I want to bring it up on Saturday which is also International Survivor of Suicide Day - it is the Saturday before Thanksgiving each year. Last year I was blessed to attend an event held by the American Foundation of Suicide Prevention Salt Lake City Chapter. I will introduce more of it then.

I am learning about facing my fears and about life and myself. Lately I've really struggled with myself - with not feeling like myself. I have felt something different, I don't really have a lot of confidence right now. And I've really worked on overcoming different aspects of me, but they are coming out. It's really hard. Something you have worked hard to overcome, just keeps coming up. I'm trying to pick up those pieces, but it's really hard. Sometimes you just don't know where to begin again?

Does that make sense?

And somewhere in all that, I stopped writing in here for about a month. I'm sorry. I'm tired of saying 'sorry.' But alas, I'm saying it again. Sometimes life gets in there and really makes you struggle, but don't worry - you just gotta keep holding on. I'll keep holding on. I'll fight in there and make sure my voice is heard. I'll always hold on.

Make sure you hold on.

Life is always up and down, back and forth, never the same. And that's when you really learn about yourself, what you're made of, who stands by you, and somehow you become stronger by going through life's storms.

I'm definitely learning.


Love,
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts