Embrace Life

Dear readers,

I lost my grandpa this early morning. I was there when he took his last breathe. My heart broke. All our shared memories are kept alive and I will keep them with me forever. My grandpa was a hard worker, he loved his family, brilliant man, and just a simple guy living life. He raised a wonderful daughter who is my mother. She is the rock in my life. And I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful for the memories I have with him.

The afternoons he would pick me up from school. All the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches he made for me. I was his PB&J girl. Hours of endless story telling about his life. So many I love yous said. So many hugs given. He is my grandpa. I miss him dearly. He was a figure in my life who I thought would stay the same forever. He protected us, strengthened us, and loved us. 

And I know I will see him again. I'm grateful for a faith so strong. I'm so, so very grateful for that. It gives me the strength to carry on each day. I will hold those memories close and thing about him oh so often. I just want to go sit in his chair at his house and just breathe in those moments that I remember - it still feels like yesterday we were chatting about his childhood stories in his living room.

But life moves on. We are not invincible - and things change. I hate goodbyes; for me it is a 'see ya later' type of thing. I really have learned to cherish those moments, love your family with all your might, forgive easily, love more, go after your dreams, embrace life, and really just be happy. It is something that has been on my mind lately these last few weeks as my grandpa got weaker and weaker. Because at the end of then day he was surrounded by his family. That's what I want. I want my family all around me and just love me.

And that's all I can do now - give my husband a hug, be there for my mom, play with my nephew more, and be there for my siblings more. I want to grow stronger in my faith, I want to shed less tears, I want to laugh more, I want to work towards my dreams - I'm embracing life.

Thank you grandpa.

Love,
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts