Rising Up for Honor


Dear readers, 
Meet Honor. She is this precious two year old who was born with spina bifida, but that does not stop her from being smiling. I've met her once and I was so impressed with her. Her energy, her smile and her happiness are so infectious.  


And what I love about Honor is the support system in her life. She has a wonderful family who stand behind her, love her and give her the world. And she has this amazing group at Huntington High School in East Texas that focus on giving her what she deserves. They are called 'Rising Up for Honor.' Their motto is 'Because we all deserve a chance to play.' They chose a park in their hometown to purchase equipment for Honor to play on. Last year they bought a swing that wheelchairs can be used on And each school year afterwards they plan to raise money to purchase a new piece of equipment for Honor and kids alike. 


Last Saturday I was blessed to take pictures of their annual color run and it was purely amazing. Many people came together to bring awareness and to raise money for their cause. And so I thought I would share pictures of this event and these kids. Their strength, their hope and their work to change the world is amazing to me. 






When you are apart of something it is truly amazing. Together we are making a difference, 

Love,
Megan

Comments

Popular Posts